Grease Monkey Grinderfest

Grease Monkey Grinderfest
Amateur Biker Build Off

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Dave Agent's Maxi

Remember when you were 16 and you definitely had to have wheels? I do and so does Dave. I used to have a custom painted Mobylette that I rebuilt myself. Dave's going for a completely different look here. Makes me proud. Over to you Dave.
I have attached a pic of in it's current state.

Plans for it are convert to a full frame, rather than step through, fit
'real' bike forks and style something like a cafe racer.  The engine will be
rebuilt with a larger bore and some kind of expansion chamber with an
optimistic top speed of 100kph (the last time it ran it maxed out at 40kph).

I have built a couple of mopeds in the past, though normally limited to
mostly engine swaps/mods and this will be the biggest rework that I have
undertaken to date.

Of course I do understand if you don't want a small bike in the comp as they
are quite a different style.  But I think the ethos behind my build is
aligned pretty well with what you are trying to achieve.  This definitely
won't be a catalog build.

Nice one Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment