Grease Monkey Grinderfest

Grease Monkey Grinderfest
Amateur Biker Build Off

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Jonpan's Triumph Tracker

I can just see the classic bike anarak boys squirming in their cardigans. Taking a grinder to a beautiful stocker. The horror. The horror......

I have just come across your website and as a fellow chopper/bobber hacker living on the mainland; I thought I might send in my latest project. Yes it's another Triumph but at least I am not sticking a hardtail on it, this one is going to be my other favourite style of bike the Flat Tracker look. I am starting out with a Bonny 650 of 1968 vintage, though the bike is such a mongrel it has parts from all years. I had a choice of putting it back to stock as per the photo! Yeah right! I agree no fun or carrying on with the bike down the far better route, the one that starts with an angle grinder.

So as you can see the bike as I bought it, and the first stage of the strip down to give a skeleton to look at, followed by the first item I had in the shed was a Mustang tank that had a nice shape but didn't sit well for a
tracker, so this went back in the shed for another day.

My first expense was to get the seat unit, I had seen the Redmax website, a must for tracker fans and ordered the seat and tail unit as a set, and after the bike this is probably my biggest expense but needed as it's the start of the whole project and once I had it I could start cutting.
More to follow

 

No comments:

Post a Comment