Grease Monkey Grinderfest

Grease Monkey Grinderfest
Amateur Biker Build Off

Friday, April 1, 2011

Vince's Iron Oxide aka No Czech Book

It is a 1965 NZ assembled 125cc Jawa bought complete(ish) several years ago with the grand plans of a '50's style Rat/Rod/Greaser style ride....
it has got as far as being stripped to boxes of parts, a bit of blasting for rust and paint removal... and a bit of rust replacement by design. I have sourced a replacement engine, painted a few bits and pieces and broken more than I have fixed in the tear down process. I would love to get back into it and realistically this is just the motivation I need I think.




I am doing all the work myself and what little money is being spent is my own, the whole point was to build a budget bike along the lines of "bobber" and "rat" sensibilities i.e. build with what is laying around or can be bought cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment